Bali Dress in Indigo Fan Block Print
• Editor Notes:
We can't get enough of Mirth's block print for this season. This caftan / dress is light weight and easy to throw out and look effortlessly chic.
The Bali Caftan comes with a hand twisted belt that fits through buttonholes waist to cinch you in at the waist for an even more elegant look.
The hand printing technique means the colour of the blue print varies a bit piece to piece, which is all part of the beauty.
• Additional Information:
• 100% cotton
• Rope belt
• Made in India
• Hand block Print
• Hand wash cold water using pH neutral soap
• First wash, wash separately as bleeding will occur
• Dry out of direct sunlight and always air dry
• Size and Fit:
• Fits true to size, model is 5'8" and wears a small.
• Please note there is an inseam for fit, so take your normal size
• Small = UK/AU: 4 - 8 // US: 0 - 4
• Medium = UK/AU: 10 - 12 // US: 6 - 8
• Large = UK/AU: 14 - 16 // US: 10 - 12
NB: This caftan is hand dyed using indigo, a natural dye derived from the neel plant. The pattern is hand block printed by master printers in Bagru, India using the dabu method, where mud is stamped and sawdust is applied to create a barrier before the fabric is dipped in the 12' deep indigo vat.
The unique and imperfect beauty of this dye and printing method comes with special qualities. Therefore, careful care is essential to maintain the colour. Be mindful of transfer to lighter fabrics that come into contact, which is possible. fading is normal and adds to the story.