Marais Dress in Indigo Block Print
• Editor Notes:
The Marais Dress is one of Mirth's most popular shapes. A v-neck shape and front slit allows for a little movement in the dress which is tailored off with a light ruffle hem.
The dress comes with a belt to cinch in your waist, or if desired it can be removed to let the dress just flow down naturally.
This piece is ideal for wearing by the pool and then adding the belt for a more fitted look when going out later. Pair it with sandals and a hat and you are good to go.
• Additional Information:
• 100% cotton
• Fabric belt
• Made in India
• Hand block Print
• Hand wash cold water using pH neutral soap
• First wash, wash separately as bleeding will occur
• Dry out of direct sunlight and always air dry
• Size and Fit:
• Fits slightly on the larger size, model is 5'8" and wears a small/medium
• Small/Medium = UK/AU: 4 - 12 // US: 0 - 6
• Medium/Large = UK/AU: 12 - 16 // US: 8 - 12
NB: This caftan is hand dyed using indigo, a natural dye derived from the neel plant. The pattern is hand block printed by master printers in Bagru, India using the dabu method, where mud is stamped and sawdust is applied to create a barrier before the fabric is dipped in the 12' deep indigo vat.
The unique and imperfect beauty of this dye and printing method comes with special qualities. Therefore, careful care is essential to maintain the colour. Be mindful of transfer to lighter fabrics that come into contact, which is possible. fading is normal and adds to the story.